Wednesday 17 September 2008

Mr. Prime Minister, It's time for you to dismiss the likes of Ritz and Lukiwski

Mr. Ritz and Mr. Lukiwski you both need to leave public office. You are embarrassing the people of Saskatchewan.


Various reported quotes of Mr. Ritz:

"I made an insensitive and inappropriate remark about the (listeriosis) outbreak and Member of Parliament Wayne Easter. Earlier today, I called Mr. Easter to apologize,"

"I also want to apologize to anyone who was hurt by what I said, especially those who were directly affected by this situation."

"I made a couple of spur-of-the-moment offhand comments, in particular, one about my official Opposition critic to whom I have already apologized. My comments were tasteless and completely inappropriate."

Various reported quotes of Mr. Lukiwski:
"If I could take those comments back, I would." "I would give anything to take those comments back. They do not reflect the type of person that I am. I can only say that on behalf of myself, my family and my children, I am sorry. I am ashamed."

"I was stupid, thoughtless and insensitive."

"The comments I made should not be tolerated in any society, they should not be tolerated today, they should not have been tolerated in 1991, they should not have been tolerated in the years previous to that."

"I deeply regret and I have deep remorse for my words of 17 years ago, but I can assure you . . . that I will spend the rest of my life, my career . . . trying to make up for those shameless comments."

No comments: