Wednesday 13 June 2007

Pro-TILMA forces gathering for seminar in Saskatoon; trade deal love-in to include NSBA, SREDA, CWF, SYPE and Sask. Chamber; SFL turned away

On June 26, 2007 a group of business organizations along with a few other Pro-TILMA supporters will be holding a "so-called" TILMA Information Seminar in Saskatoon.

When I was informed of the upcoming event, I offered to have someone from the SFL attend to provide an alternative perspective. My offer was rejected.

Joe Kuchta, over at the "Owls and Roosters Blog" has posted a comprehenive commentary on the upcoming event.

Despite having earlier received a letter from the Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce (one of the co-sponsors) asking me for clarification of the SFL's position - I find it curious that now they are not interested in hearing what organizations who are opposed to the TILMA scheme have to say. I'm not sure of the reason for the change heart.

No comments: